- 2 cups cashews (soaked for a couple hours, and preferably organic or pesticide free. If not soak any nuts in neutralizer. For info on this see my blog How to Have a Toxin-Free Home, Easily)
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil (Click here for more awesome uses for coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Water, as needed
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup medjool dates (soak to soften)
- 1 cup canned pineapple (small pieces), drained well
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sultanas
To make the frosting: blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender until smooth, adding as little water as possible.
To make the cake: cut the carrots into small chunks. Then throw all the ingredients (including the carrots) in your food processor and pulse until it’s all in really small pieces and sticks together. Stir sultanas through.
Press half the cake mix into the bottom of an adjustable spring-form pan.
Then spread on 1/2 of the frosting.
Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard. Then press on the rest of the cake mix.
Take it out of the pan and use the remaining frosting, cover with whatever garnishes you like.