Aromatherapy using the purest therapeutic-grade essential oils has SO many benefits, some of which are listed here. How to use them, and how to get started & tap into the amazing world of aromatherapy
I’ve always been fascinated by the role that plants play in creating and maintaining good health and I remain convinced that pure plant oils are a part of God’s creation and gift to us, intended to support us and heal our bodies. I really believe that God gave us all we need to live a healthy life on this earth plane.
Essential oils are volatile liquids and aromatic compounds that are distilled or pressed from plants. Like the blood in our bodies, the essential oil of a plant contains life force and powerful compounds which can be used to seal a cut, protect a wound, provide nutrients and oxygen for cell regeneration, guard against harmful microorganisms and so much more.
10 Keys to a Healthy, Happy Family
Free Report Reveals: Life-Changing Insights, Answers and Simple Steps to move towards SPECTACULAR HEALTH forYour Whole Family, starting today.
Send me my FREE Report!
Written by a Naturopath, Herbalist, Aromatherapist & Truth-Seeker, who is now a stay-home Mum.
Read about what NO ONE ever told you about health and wellness.
Arm and empower yourself with ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE you NEED to keep your family safe and healthy.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been interested in all things related to health and wellness, and also about all the ways that plants can provide for our needs.
That’s why I’ve been interested in essential oils for a long time now, becoming a qualified Aromatherapist and Massage Therapist by age 21, which marked the beginning of my journey in the health and wellness industry, and of course my own personal health & wellness journey.
I’m now 43, and have known about Young Living Pure Essential Oils for many years, but I resisted becoming a member, just buying the occasional oil or two through friends. I knew they were the best, and the only oils I would trust enough to ever recommend ingesting or ingest myself, I knew the company had ethics and integrity.
BUT I’m a rebel at heart, and resisted the business structure element, to my own detriment as I could have saved a LOT of money purchasing as a wholesaler years ago.
So only this year, my partner and I have invested in what is absolutely proving to be the best way to bring as many of the oils as possible for the best price into our home, and incorporating these magical healing products into our lives.
So I want to share a little about Essential oils, why I love them so much, and how they really do make everything better …
- Are immune enhancing and support the body’s natural defenses
- Support the immune, circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, digestive, nervous, and other body systems
- Balance the endocrine system and hormones
- Aid in maintaining normal cellular regeneration
- Are mood elevating and raise the vibration of the environment, and our own spirit bodies.
- Are antiseptic
- Are high in antioxidants
- Are aromatic & smell good
- Are oxygenating
- Boost stamina and energy
- Help you relax
- Help manage stress and frustration
- Help reduce aging
- Improve mental clarity
- Promote overall health, vitality, and longevity
- Support normal cellular function
- Help with focus and concentration
- Encourage proper breathing with healthy lungs and sinuses
HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS
There are 3 main ways to use essential oils – Aromatically, Topically or Internally.
- Aromatic– this means to inhale the oils and works well when you want the oils to enhance your mood or cognition, help with stress and relaxation, other emotional issues & sleep, to treat respiratory ailments and much more
- Rub 1-2 drops of essential oil between your palms and inhale
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head and bowl with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly. Many people find this very useful for congestion and migraines.
- Use your favorite essential oils in a diffuser – ours is nearly constantly going!
- Topical– this means to apply the oils directly to the skin and works well for muscular, emotional, digestive issues, skin healing and much more.
- Place 1-2 drops of essential oil directly on the desired area and massage in. Repeat as needed. Always follow the labels’ dilution instructions, as some of the oils need to be diluted. Essential oils are very potent and some could be irritating to the skin if used undiluted. If irritation occurs apply any pure vegetable oil (like coconut oil) to the area to dilute.
- Internal– this means to ingest the oils. This is what excites me most about Young Living Oils, especially being a naturopath, as I believe that pure therapeutic-grade essential oils have a truly amazing power to heal, as the body will assimilate them SO easily. Used this way the focus is on physical wellness, and can help to treat many ailments systemically.
- Place several drops of oil into a gelatin capsule and swallow with water
- Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to a glass of water, NingXia Red (superfood tonic), juice, yogurt
- Add 1-2 drops of oil (to taste) to meals when cooking
NOTE: Always consult individual product labels for usage directions. Young Living essential oils are guaranteed for purity and potency, and all oils that can be ingested are clearly labeled as supplements and are certified GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) by the FDA. Each oil has specifications and safety info printed on the label.
CARRIER OILS AND DILUTION
- You will want to dilute certain oils, which are called “hot” oils, because they can irritate the skin. Oils like Cinnamon, Peppermint, and Oregano are examples of hot oils. Essential oils are very powerful and potent so a little bit goes a long way
- A carrier oil is any vegetable-based oil such as coconut, grapeseed, avocado, sweet almond, jojoba.
- Another reason you would dilute your oils is to allow them to cover a larger surface area. Keep in mind that you almost always want to dilute oils with children, usually more so than you would on yourself
- Infants: 1-3 drops of essential oil to 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil
- Children 1-5 years old: 1-3 drops of essential oil to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil
Essential Oils are so versatile, you can use them to support and treat just about every wellness concern under the sun, and can also be used to create a COMPLETELY chemical-free life.
Also, I’m re-discovering how powerful these magical potions can be to assist on the emotional & spiritual level.
So, if this inspires you somehow, and you’d like to discover the world of essential oils, you can learn more here.